How Email Marketing Generated $50,000 In Revenue For Our Client
If you’ve been following CNW’s posts up until this point, you’d know how much of an advocate we are for automation and email marketing. Today, I’m going to show you a brief case study from one of our current clients and how their minimal investment generated maximum results.
First, let’s take a look at why you should invest in email marketing:
- Just take a look below in comparison to other marketing acquisition channels > it generates 20x ROI than Banner Ads.
Email Marketing compared to other Digital Tactics
Yes, this chart is from 2016, but the numbers don’t lie. Per Statista, in 2017 global email users amounted to 3.7 billion and this number is predicted to grow to 4.3 billion users by 2022.
- It’s a way to shape your interactions with your customers and prospects
- Believe it or not, your customers actually want to hear from you. In a study from Marketing Sherpa, 91% of respondents wanted to hear from the companies they do business with, 15% wanted to receive emails daily.
- It increases customer engagement, customer retention, and ultimately SALES
But don’t just take my word for it look at the results from our Client.
Increased Revenue by 34%
Email Performance Overview Apr to Dec 2018
You can see that Email campaigns accounted for 30% of total revenue, while email automation flows accounted for 4% for a total of 34% of total revenue in those 9 months. Now take away email marketing from the equation, and the client just missed out on $50,000. Whoo, talk about dodging a bullet.
Average Order Value Increased 87%
AOV went from $21 to $162 in 9 months. That’s an 87% increase or 7x the original value!
Click-Through Rate Doubled
CTR went from on average 3.5% to 9-10%. What an improvement!
Marketing Automation Works
The top marketing automation flows included welcoming new email subscribers and welcoming new customers, followed by abandoned cart and customer win-back flows. For tips on marketing automation and audience segmenting see our previous post here.
Now if we take a look at how much our client spent on their email marketing efforts since launching the new platform and implementing these efforts from April to now, here’s the breakdown:
- Total costs from April to Dec: $15,942 – this includes monthly maintenance fees and cost of the Klaviyo platform (monthly fee is based on # of subscribers in your database)
- Total Revenue Generated From Email Campaigns & Automation Flows: $50,650 USD
- ROI Calculation = net profit / initial investment * 100 > (50,650 – 15,942) = 34,708/ 50,650 * 100 = 68.52% ROI
Now $50K may not sound like a lot for some brands, but that’s $50K the client would’ve missed out on had they not invested in email marketing. And for the investment they spent, their gains were exponential.
Examples of Welcome Subscriber Automation Flows
Whether you have an eCommerce business, consulting business, or blog, welcome automation flows are essential. Here are some examples of welcome flows for our email subscribers that subscribe to our newsletter. Try and get creative and reassure their decision they made to subscribe to your newsletter. It lets them know they have something to look forward to.
Welcome Subscribers Automation 1
Welcome Subscribers Automation 2
For More Great Email Marketing Automation Examples click here.
What are some of your email marketing hacks, tips or success stories? Comment and share below.
If you’re looking to take your email marketing efforts to new heights, schedule your free strategy session today.
Until next time,
Founder, CNW Digital
You must log in to post a comment.